As the weather gets colder, it’s important to remember to change your cologne as well. The cold, dry air of winter makes fragrance less likely to hover around you the way it tends to in the warmer months. However, when choosing a winter scent, your options are endless. Spicy scents that can be overwhelming in summer become warm and inviting in the winter, and help you stand out from the crowd. Whether you’re looking for a winter fragrance to wear before you cozy up with a loved one by the fireside or a splash of spice to warm up the chilly air around you, there’s something for everyone. To give you a starting point on your search, we’ve put together a list of our favorite men’s cologne for winter.
Our Favorite Picks: Best Men’s Cologne For Winter
When selecting a winter cologne, you can still look at fragrances that include notes you love. Many incredible fragrances will liven up the cold weather, so be sure that you choose something that fits your personality and taste. Although numerous wonderful colognes shine bright on dark winter days, we narrowed the best cold weather fragrances down to our top five.
- Royal Oud Cologne by Creed Energize your winter activities with this masculine fragrance that’s composed of cedar and sandalwood. The luxurious combination of lemon, musk, bergamot, and woody notes make Royal Oud one of the most enticing winter fragrances. This musky, citrusy blend is sure to catch the attention of those around you.
- 1 Million by Paco Rabanne Smell and feel like a million dollars when you spritz on Paco Rabanne’s 1 Million Cologne. The variety of fruity and herbal notes creates a rich and heady blend. Blood mandarin, peppermint, and hints of cardamom and patchouli combine with leathery base notes to create a stylish scent for the winter. Become a master of seduction with this olfactory work of art.
- Spicebomb Cologne by Viktor & Rolf Engulfed in a grenade-shaped bottle, Viktor & Rolf’s Spicebomb Cologne stays true to its namesake with it’s powerful and masculine scent. Spicebomb incorporates traditional winter notes, like cinnamon, saffron, and pink pepper, while layering in citrus notes of bergamot and grapefruit. This exemplary cologne is best for those that don’t mind a little extra attention, as you’re sure to turn heads in every room while wearing it.
- Tobacco Vanille by Tom Ford Tom Ford’s creations ooze luxury, and Tobacco Vanille Cologne is no exception. The perfect cologne for a winter evening on the town, the scent contrasts vanilla and tonka bean with tobacco and woody notes for a refined, sweet and spicy fragrance. This Oriental blend has incredible sillage and longevity, so you can count on it to last all night long. This iconic Tom Ford cologne will leave a lasting impression on everyone you meet.
- D’Hermes Eau Intense Vetiver by Hermes Terre An amplified, darker, and fresher version of the original D’Hermes cologne, D’Hermes Eau Intense Vetiver is confidence in a bottle. Earthy and woody, the intense top note of vetiver mingles exquisitely with the Sichuan pepper and green bergamot. If you consider yourself a sharp-witted intellectual, this scent may be the best cologne for you. Its freshness will inherently complement your brilliant psyche.